Monday 7 June 2010

AAAAAHHHHHH

You will know I have an understanding for Call Centres. Having worked in Sunderland Contact Centre for MFI I would have, but BT.... WTF!!! They have no idea. I am trying to close my account and they want to charge me for a further 11 months of some hidden contract or other. This is because I didn't cancel the contract when they wrote to me in February and therefore must pay for another year. But I didn't cancel because I didn't get the letter. I have spoken to Tendulker, to Vijay Singh,to Ben Kingsley, to the laddie from Slumdog, to half of bloody Calcutta and they all say the same thing " If Bt said they would send you a letter, they would have sent it" and worse they believe it. This isn't a call centre I am talking to, it's a centre for brainwashing.BT are creating robots They have promised to find a copy of the letter they sent and ring me. They wont. If I owed them the money I wouldn't care and just walk away but I was in credit and they have cancelled my refund
I mustn't use my blog as a personal moaning board but just a couple of instances to tell you about. Alliance and Leicester I was told by one of their agents that I should just pop back to the UK to one of their branches so I can prove my identification. This was after they had rung me on my mobile to tell me that they couldn't use my mobile number to contact me about security checks as they didn't trust the number as I had only registered it 10 weeks before and they don't trust any number unless they have had it logged for 12 weeks
Saga insurance....I cancelled a policy and they have charged me a cancellation fee which of course I disputed, not because it was wrong but because I didn't want to pay it. I told them I wasn't told about it but they found the transcripts of the calls and said I was. They wouldn't however send me an mp3 of the call so I continued arguing. In the end, I had a call from their complaints department. She explained that I owed them the money and I had to pay. I asked what happened if I dont to which I was told they send three letters the last of which is recorded and then they write the debt off. I suggested that for Saga they should write the debt off now as I have no intention of paying and that would save them the costs of continuing their actions ( I only owe about £30) I was told that her job was to ensure that I had been contacted about the complaint and not to take any decisions. So they have now sent me the three letters, I havent paid and have no intention of doing so but they have followed procedure so I guess they can sleep easy. And as for me, Saga must still love me, they sent me three letters last week asking if I wanted life insurance, a holiday and in their quest to be all things to the over 50's, some of those little blue sweeties for keeping the sheets off you when it's warm at night.

4 comments:

  1. I see being away has not improved your temperament yet then? I thought part of the point of this move was to relax, chill out in the sunshine and basically let the European 'who gives a f**k' attitude wash over you like a warm bath......presumably it needs quite a long soak.
    Grumpy old bugger.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. he doesn't mean this, he is just proving that he is reading the blog so as not to get disinherited

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Mr Blogger, you sound just like when I'm p****d! Who says you shouldn't use your blog for a rant? It made me laugh out loud, keep on ranting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on a minute. Did you say SAGA insurance. Please tell me you have not started accepting those '0ver 50's' offers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete