Tuesday 13 July 2010

Uninvited Guests

we have guests and they are here in their hundreds. Flies. I dont know where they came from but they seem to like me. They land on my head, on the laptop, they walk up my legs and arms. One even came in the shower cubicle with me to have a bath




Yesterday Laurie (son and currently house painter) spent breakfast time with a swatter and had managed to create a pile big enough that when I saw it I thought he had reverted back to childhood and had removed all the currants and sultanas from the fruit and fibre pack.
we dont have a cows eye, a horses backside or a pile of dung to distract them so we have to fight back another way.
we have a couple of those 50p swatters, brightly coloured plastic with a mesh on the end with a smiley face. I thought the smiley face was there to lull the fly into a sense of security as they go to their death but it isnt, it's a reflection of my smile as another one bites the dust
we are fighting back electronically as well. Excuse me a minute, I have one trying to do an internal examination of my ear. I'm back, that's better. I swatted him on the third attempt. I may not be able to out for a while whilst the red mark on the side of my face calms down but it was worth it.
Back to electronics. We have taken delivery of two new ECOZAP fly killers. They are shining brightly, their light blue light offering us hope from the enemy. Every so often they emit a crackle and then you get the smell!!!, It's like the smell you get when your teeth are being drilled

how satisfying!!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the spiders had been eating the flies eggs.You see, you have upset a delicate ecosystem that existed in the darkness at the back of the cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete