Wednesday 6 June 2012

It's a small world

I am constantly amazed as to the links that we find with other people
Considering the relatively small number of Brits in the area  it is incredible how closely some of them have in the past.
A few examples.

  • A couple who had never been the bar before walked in, and the lady recognised another diner. It seems that one worked in a small village store in Cornwall 20 odd years ago and the other used to be a customer.
  • Two people whose houses almost backed onto each other as youngsters recognised by an unusual surname.
  • Robert, who like me visited Stamford Bridge ( or should it be pilgimaged to) and used the same cafe in the Kings Road for a pre match meal.
  • A local couple and a holiday house owner who lived in the same road in Wales but never met there.
But then last week a couple came in, new to the bar. We got chatting, how long have you been in France? Where are you from in the UK?   Herne Bay was the answer. I said that I also came from Herne Bay and when we talked further we had once lived 10 doors apart. However their son, owns the very house that I lived in with my parents as a teenager.  

What next an old girlfriend turning up or someone arriving in one of my old cars?

3 comments:

  1. The old girlfriend turning up is more likely than your Fiat Twin Cam c1984!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that has rusted to nothing by now, together with the 132 and the Strada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world doesn't have it sometimes. We spent some time living on a boat in the Caribbean (oh to be back!) My husband did a Padi diving course and found his diving buddy drank in our ex-village pub! Sharon

    ReplyDelete